Online Business Website Setup
Review and Checklist
- Determine a Product or Service to Sell
Research & Select what is available -or- Create & Prepare your own
- Choose a Domain Name for your Promotional Website that will
Establish a Brand -or- highlight a Niche -or- Product Name
- Register the Domain Name(s)
Multiple mini-websites help Capture & redirect “near-miss” traffic
- Setup a Website Hosting Contract Account
This is your Business Service Client Contract with the Web Server Owner (Host).
Register your Reseller or CEO-name, contact info., billing info., Terms of Service, etc.
- Reseller or CEO: Setup a Website Hosting Manager Account (WHM:2086/7)
Add each Registered Domain Name and assign the Domain Administrator details
Often you are allowed to provide or Resell hosting account access to your own
Client-Domain Administrators if you have a multi-site Hosting Contract.
You may then delegate the following functions.
- Domain Administrator: Create a categorized Domain User Account (cPanel:2082/3)
Configure your list of Website Registered User(s) with password-controlled Access
– Subscribers, Contributors, Editors, and TRUSTED alternative Administrator
- User(s): Log into the CMS (Content Management System) (WordPress.org CMS used here) to Add or Edit Content – via Pages, Posts and Comments (typical Meta link or URL form http://www.yourdomain.com/subdirectory/wp-login.php)
Expect this Post to be enhanced… 😐
minor edits added May 21 and July 2, 2012